Notice of Elections
Notices of Elections for both the District and Town/Parish Councils. If you are passionate about where you live and your community, then why not become a Cllr. Find out how to apply for the role below.
Published: 23 March 2023
From the 23rd March SDHC look forward to receiving nominations from prospective candidates wishing to become a local or district Cllr at Follaton House.
Below you can view and print the candidates guide and nominations pack for completing.
Just a few reminders about the nomination period: –
- Nomination forms (and the home address form and consent to nomination form) must be hand delivered to the Returning Officer at the South Hams District Council Offices, Follaton House, Civic Entrance, Plymouth Road, Totnes, TQ9 5NE from Thursday, 23 March to Tuesday, 04 April 2023 between the hours of 10am and 4pm.
- The council offices main reception are closed to the public.
- There is no requirement to make an appointment to deliver nomination papers as we have a team who will process them on a first come, first served basis. At busy times there might be a short time to wait but we will endeavour to minimise this as much as possible.
- Parish clerks are able to provide the electoral numbers of the proposer and seconder for their current councillors/candidates to complete their nomination forms. Please get in touch by emailing: email@example.com or calling 01548 312090.
- SHDC will also have copies of the electoral register available to view to obtain the proposer and seconder’s electoral numbers when we are open taking the nominations. The elector’s address will be required to be able to find this information.
Helen Jarvis, Interim Electoral Services Manager
Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes, TQ9 5NE
Helen.firstname.lastname@example.org 01803 861419