NHS Update – Celebrating safely this bank holiday weekend. Celebrating safely this bank holiday weekend
If you are meeting up with friends and family this long bank holiday weekend, or celebrating with others in your local community, here are five things you can do to help keep everyone safe:
Published: 18 June 2022
- get vaccinated to reduce your risk of becoming seriously ill.
- if you feel unwell, and have flu-like or COVID-19 symptoms and a high temperature, avoid close contact with others and stay at home if you can
- let in fresh air when you meet others indoors, especially if they’re at high risk from COVID-19
- wash your hands regularly, and cover your mouth and nose if you cough or sneeze
- wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed places, and when coming into contact with people at higher risk from COVID-19
The NHS in Devon is reminding people where to get help if they need it and to ensure they have enough prescription medication for the double bank holiday. You can read their advice on their website.