Skip to main content

Council Meeting – 1st July 2024

IN THE COLERIDGE HUNDRED OF THE SOUTH HAMS OF DEVON

The following Councillors are summoned to attend:
Cllr J. Abbey (Chair), Cllr I. Mitchelmore (Vice Chair), Cllr C. Staines, Cllr M. Crowson, Cllr J. Waters, Cllr P. Osborne, Cllr S. Lange, Cllr I. Luscombe and Cllr G. Sutton.

The next meeting of the Parish Council held on Monday 1st July, at Slapton Village Hall (main hall), at 7.00 pm.

Cllr J. Brazil, Cllr L. Lawford, Kate Payne (FSC) and members of the public are invited to attend.

If any parishioners wish to speak at the meeting, please submit your papers or questions by email to clerk@slaptonparishcouncil-devon.gov.uk 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The public comment section is 15 minutes in duration with 3 minutes allocated per person.

AGENDA

1) APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

2) DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Councillors are invited to declare any disclosable interest they may have in any items to be considered. They are also reminded to consider whether, in the light of recent activities, any items within their Register of Interests should be updated.

3) PUBLIC COMMENT

4) POLICE REPORT: None

5) COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLOR REPORTS

a. Cllr J. Brazil

b. Cllr L. Lawford

6) MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON 3rd June 2024, if agreed, to be signed by the Chair as a true and correct record – see separate document (6).

7) PLANNING

a. Applications (for resolution)

i. 1346/24/CLE Higher Coltscombe Cottage Slapton TQ7 2QE
Certificate of lawfulness for existing domestic outbuilding for storage & parking.
PC is not a statutory consultee on certificates of lawfulness – any comments on historic usage to be submitted by 14.06.24

b. Decisions (for information only)

i. 0999/24/FUL Thorn Park, Slapton, TQ7 2RD
Agricultural building for storage to include farmyard manure
SHDC decision: Conditional approval 4th June 2024

c. Trees Works (for information only – Tree Wardens will assess and comment):

i. APP/TPO/K1128/9715 9, Chantry Hill, Slapton, TQ7 2QY
Appeal to Secretary of State re refusal of tree works application 0810/23/TPO
PC Comment: Tree Wardens will contact SHDC Tree Officer for advice

d. Withdrawn (for information only): None

8) MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION

a. Logo and branding: Does the PC wish to continue with the development of this or would they prefer to move on to setting the vision/mission of the PC?

9) PROPOSALS FOR RESOLUTION

a. Tree on Footpath 11: Does the PC wish to visit the site with the FSC to ascertain land ownership and discuss next steps? Would the PC like the Clerk to contact the PROW team if land ownership cannot be determined?
b. Noticeboards: Does the PC wish to submit an application for a grant towards replacement of the noticeboard at Greenbanks and repair or replacement of the noticeboard at Chantry Corner to Slapton Village Community Shop?

10) MATTERS IN ABEYANCE: None

11) CLERK’S REPORT

a. See separate document (11a)

12) CHAIR’S REPORT

a. Verbal update from Chair on any matters arising since the June PC meeting to include:
i. Visit to Slapton sewage treatment works with South West Water
ii. Attendance at an emergency planning event for Councils
iii. Attendance by a Cllr at Neighbourhood Planning Training Sessions – thank you to Cllr Lange, who has already signed up to sessions on 16th and 25th July

13) COUNCILLOR UPDATES

a. Verbal update from Cllr P. Osborne on:
i. OPCC
ii. How to work effectively with DCC Highways webinar

14) REVIEW OF ACTION LOG

a. Cllr updates on any pending actions/actions requiring a status update in the action log – see separate document (14a)

15) FINANCIAL MATTERS

a. Payments to approve: Does the PC approve the payments below, which have been examined, verified and certified by the Clerk and RFO? – see separate document (15a)

Payment no Details of payment Amount GBP Paid for noting
44 Village Hall May. PC meeting 13th April £20 and CSG Meeting 17th May £10. 30.00
45 The British Federation of Film Societies (Cinema for All) equipment hire 17th August 2024 50.00
VISA46 Land registry search. Ref: 1000005395522, dated 24.06.24 6.00 Paid
47 Nick Mathias June mowing. Invoice no: 1848/25, dated 23.05.24 390.62
*48 Clerk’s salary June plus £24 WFH allowance 783.20
*49 HMRC tax and NI for June 62.00
*50 Woolston Accounts June payroll. Invoice no: 0???, dated ??.0?.24 20.00
*DD51 VC Warehouse July phone. Invoice no: 101???, dated 01.07.24 11.94

9.95 + 1.99 VAT

*Awaiting invoices, which will be presented at the PC meeting

 

b. Balance at Bank

 

Balance as per bank statements on 26.06.24 Amount GBP
Events Treasurers Account 0
Treasurers Account 9,422.27
Instant Access Savings Account 13,957.46
Total 23,379.73

 

c. Receipts summary

i.

Receipts as per bank statements on 26.06.24 Amount GBP
Events Treasurers Account 0
Treasurers Account

Incorrect payment from Slapton Village Community Shop to the PC for the Falklands Talk – should have gone to PCC and will need to be transferred to them

180.00
Instant Access Savings Account: June Interest 14.86
Total 194.86

 

ii. Does the PC approve the transfer for £180.00, which was incorrectly paid to them by Slapton Village Community Shop for the Falklands Talk, to the Parochial Church Council?

 

d. First quarter bank reconciliation: Does the PC agree that the bank reconciliation can be signed by the Chair and another Cllr as correct? – see separate documents (15d 1, 15d 2, 15d 3, 15d 4 and 15d 5)

 

e. First quarter budget update for information only – see separate documents (15e)

 

16) AOB

 

Next Parish Council meeting will be held on
Monday 2nd September at 7.00 pm at Slapton Village Main Hall.

 

Signed: Bella Moor, Clerk                                                                                           Date: 26th June 2024

 

Documents

Is this page useful?